June 18, 2010

What a Wonderful World

What a Wonderful World (8 x 10 oil on panel)
Fundraiser for Pasado's Safe Haven - SOLD

Having been blessed with a heart wide open for animals, one of my greatest passions is painting to raise money to support the welfare of animals. So, yesterday I did just that. I had a perfect day enjoying the company of this kitty (on the easel) I met a while ago at our local animal shelter. He was subsequently adopted and I have a feeling his new theme song must be "What a Wonderful World".

I see skies of blue, clouds of white
Bright blessed days, dark sacred nights
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!


Thanks for the tunes, Mr. Armstrong!

7 comments:

  1. Sweet well done! ...and a great song)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawwwwww! Such a cutie pie!! I am a card carrying member of PETA so am a sucker for anything with a cute furry face - but even some reptiles can grab me - I am not even afraid of bugs - I respect them all...Except if they bite me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!!! Great painting, the fur is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6/19/2010

    Bello esta obra del gatito, y buena la musica de amstrong...recibe un saludo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, Karen, Suzanne & Isabel,
    Thanks so much for the kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful painting of the kitty, a great cause for the animals and a wonderful song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Sue. I am so glad you enjoyed the song, too!

    ReplyDelete