July 12, 2012

Waves of Langley

Langley Wave (11 x 14 dry pastel on La Carte)

This is a piece I started on Sunday during the festival in Langley, Washington. It was quite warm (well, to me anyway) so painting some nice cool water seemed really refreshing. Although I took a lot of my pastels with me, I used a very small palette to work on this piece - really, just a handful of colors. This piece will be part of my upcoming show (August 3rd - September 4th) at the Scott Milo Gallery in Anacortes.

Waves to you,
Sandy

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, You sure do paint a beautiful ocean wave. live so far inland and never really have seen the sea! So your paintings bring all this to life for me and I am sure millions of others. For me, its the rivers in the mt's, and the small creeks or irrigation ditches! I saw you had been by my blog, and for me, that is really special. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the nice comment, Ida. I feel so fortunate to be by the water, where I can study and enjoy it daily. My best to you and happy painting!

    ReplyDelete