May 18, 2008

Getting Sparkked

Just before the entry date closed, I discovered Pastel Journal's Creative Spark competition and entered this piece from our first trip to the Grand Canyon, along with some others. I really enjoyed the process of reliving the trip(s) through my own art and realized, once again, just how much we, as artists, put in to each piece we create. It was a great exercise and one I plan on doing again, as soon as I can find that block of time.



Here's the link to the blog where you can read more about the Creative Spark project/competition. I hope it will get your creative juices flowing: http://pastelblog.artistsnetwork.com/default,date,2008-05-16.aspx


This piece is titled Grand Indeed (25 x 20). You can read more about it on my website.







1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I really like these themes, namely those paintings showing Sedonna and Canyon de Chelly (did I type this right ?).
    I still didn't catch the grip to due these landscapes and I sure cannot paint them live :-)
    Yours looks really good.

    Kind regards,

    José

    ReplyDelete