September 21, 2009

Waking Up...and happy

One thing led to another and I found myself at a friend's blog that I contributed to last year. I still feel the same today as I did when I wrote this (then) and want to share it here. I also want to share Robin's Paint a Positive Picture blog because I think anytime we share something positive, that's good for all of us.

This is the painting:



"Waking Up"
Soft Pastel 11"x 14" (sold - thank you :)

And this is the positive thought that went with it:
The blessings of each day are not always obvious unless they are the very first thing one looks for when opening your heart's eyes in the morning. Already being blessed with health and a perfect family seems enough for any one person. For me, when you add to that the joy of rubbing pastel dust between my fingers, and the sound of the pastel gliding across a sanded surface, that cup begins to spill over onto everything. This pastel painting of Camano Island, the morning view from my studio on the east side of Whidbey Island, is just one more reason I can't help but put on my happy face when I open my eyes in the morning. From where I stand, each day is a day to look forward to and that makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment