September 07, 2008

Cat Oil Painting, Heart Stealer


Heart Stealer 5 x 7
supported charity: Best Friends
sold $150

This piece was auctioned with Best Friends Animal Sanctuary as the recipient of the eBay Givingworks donation. I chose them because they are a member of the Rapid Response team in compliance with the National Animal Rescue and Sheltering Coalition and are assisting as needed with misplaced animals of the GUSTAV hurricane.

No matter which way you look at her, she'll steal your heart if you get too close. I had so much fun painting this oil of Biscuit on her favorite rug, playing with her favorite red heart toy, and giving me that little wink that she does sometimes. If you are at all familiar with my art, it might appear that everything is all about Biscuit. Oh, wait, it is.

It was so much fun to get back in to oils again for this piece. I've been away from them for awhile and, perhaps because they were my first art-love, I always get the "ah" factor when I get them out again to start a new painting. This one was especially enjoyable because I used a new surface, too. I tried using the relatively new Unison pastel board. What a treat that is for oils. As a precaution, I checked with Terry Stanley at Richeson art (the manufacturers) and she noted the surface holds up great for oils. So, this won't be my last on oil on this board. I will, however, be buying more brushes. They look like Biscuit's new chew toys after using them on the pastel surface.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite Biscuit paintings!
    I just can't stop looking at it...

    ReplyDelete