June 30, 2011

Romancing the Rock

Fakkema Road (18 x 30 framed pastel)
view my website for more information

Whidbey Island is in the Pacific Northwest, a beautiful island in the great State of Washington and a place I love to call home. Locals call it "The Rock" because it was formed from glacial rock during the ice age.

When I was younger I never thought I would stay any place more than a year or so. That's how I grew up (military) and I didn't see that changing in my forseeable future. I had not met Whidbey yet.  But, when I did, I fell in love with land like I never had before. Yep, I'm pretty well planted here now.

10 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and serene, it makes me want to get in there and really try harder with landscape...I live in similar scenic beauty so I am very inspired now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Karen. Having boated in your part of the world, I know there is inspiration at every turn. I can hardly wait to see what you decide to paint. I'll be watching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandy!! I'm speechless again. This painting is beautiful. I love the pink in the water that is reflected from the sky. I only wish I didn't live on the other side of the Country right now.! I would have loved to see your show! Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful painting Sandy. Serene...someplace everyone wants to experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy,

    I can see why you never want to move from such a beautiful place. Your painting is brillant. Every scene you paint makes me want to go there.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. this painting just bring me joy and peace. i've been staring at it for the last 5 minutes. what an incredible scene and so beautifully painted. i've become more and more drawn to the pacific northwest in the last year or so. you are so fortunate. and with your skills i can see this beautiful place through your eyes. perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place I'm not suprised you love Whitby Island, it seems like paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilda,
    Thank you so much; it would have been so nice to meet you at the show!

    Mary, thank you!

    Sue, what a nice comment; thank you so much! I do love it here.

    Suz, Thank you. It's an addicting place so be forewarned ;).

    Diana, Thanks for your comment. I do think of Whidbey that way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Sandy. :) SO, so beautiful. GOod luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Crystal!

    ReplyDelete