January 22, 2009

Bird Pastel Painting


Singer at Heart, dry pastel
14 x 18
available for a short time through eBay
Yes, typically flickers can't sing, but you won't convince this flicker who discovered a grand piano and an open window.

After initially finishing this piece, I lived with it for awhile. Some paintings just want to stay close to home longer than others and I have found there is usually a reason. Either it is a heart tug so strong it can't let go or there's just a little something that needs tweaking. This one wanted a little more of something, it just took me a while to figure out exactly what that was. You have to be verrrrrry quiet to hear what a flower wants. I recently added the fallen flower petal and I feel that the petal gave this painting the balance it needed. Ah. Silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment