August 19, 2013

Twilight Color Study

Twilight Color Study
 (8x10 pastel)
How many surfaces can an artist be in love with at any given moment? Um, I don't really have the answer to that question but I am adding one more to my list. After reading a recent article in the Pastel Journal about Multimedia Artboards for Pastels, I ordered some. Oh, my! I am love-crazed, yet again. I have every intention of trying this for oils, too. I just haven't gotten there, yet.
The study above is part of the work I am doing for a larger oil painting so it was a perfect opportunity to try the new surface. The pastel went on nicely and stayed where I put it. I also enjoyed that the surface takes multiple layers very well without mooshing (yes, that is a word in pastel-speak) the layers below.
Back to testing...
Cheers,
Sandy


4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE this! The warm glow of the sun dancing through the trees... Such a beautiful scene... I want to know what's in the shed! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra,
    Thanks so much for your kind comment :) I wanted to know the same thing because, actually, there are several of these little sheds all lined up like they are having a meeting or something. Finally, I got the chance to wander through them. It was such a great experience - like stepping back in time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this one, Sandy.! This is beautifully painted. I love the light and those amazing colors on the tree. I wish I can visit your show...it will be so successful! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I don't know how I missed your kind comment, Hilda. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete